1) Electric fencing villages near Kaziranga benefits people and animals Neighboring villages at the Kaziranga National Park in the state of Assam in India reported a six-fold annual crop increase in 2009. An Electric fence which had been installed with the aim to control the crop damage by wild animals and human-animal conflicts.
The fence was installed in Kaziranga (Assam) in September 16th, 2009 as a part of Rapid Action Project by the Assam Forest Department in collaboration with the Wildtrust of India, supported by Asian Adventures and International Fund for Animal Welfare.
The Six villages covered by this Rapid Action Project were- LukhrakhoniaMohpara, Doomjan, Sildubi, Kohora. “The mustard yield this year was about 2500 quintals from 250 hectares, as compared to less than 500 quintals from 142 hectares, last year. Likewise, the villagers reported that the paddy yield increased to about 30,000 quintals from a measly 5000 quintals last year,” said DilipDeori, Field Officer, WTI.
2)Oriental Bird Club
Asian Adventures is a Corporate Sponsor of the Oriental Bird Club (OBC).
The Oriental Bird Club aims to:
* Promote an interest in birds of the Oriental Region and their conservation
* Liaise with and promote the work of existing regional organizations
* Collate and publish material on Oriental birds – partly through two highly acclaimed OBC publications, namely BirdingASIA bulletin, and the Forktail journal as well as by other external publications where OBC have made financial contributions
Also, through the liberal support of members and corporate sponsors, including Asian Adventures, the OBC conservation fund has been able to support over 250 projects in many oriental countries, primarily run by local people. More than Â£200,000 has been invested in conservation in the region since 1984.
4) Working with community village, Choti Haldwani near Corbett Park.
5) Supported Titli Trust to protect butterflies and moths.
6 )Supported Wildlife Trust of India.
7 )Funded an NGO ‘The Bagh Foundation’.
8) Assisting Forest Dept. to set-up Eco-friendly Homestays.